WELCOME!

This is my Gratitude Journal. Follow along to read just a few of my many blessings.
To see what's happening on my family blog, click on
Fiddlers Found.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Being Thankful (#1-10)

I do take things for granted, and I know I shouldn't.



I am becoming more and more aware of the fact that I need to look deeper at what I already have and not give a second thought about what I want or what I think I need.





This is my Gratitude Journal, inspired by A Holy Experience. Ann wants us to be aware of what God has already given us and for us to be truly thankful to our Lord for these gifts.



I will be following the footsteps of a multitude of many who are listing their thankfulness, a process of training themselves to have a heart of gratitude to our Lord and Saviour, Who gives us just what we need.



The goal is 1000. Then I suppose it's 10,000! In a nutshell, all our days should be giving thanks to our Father.



And, so begins my list:





1. three adorable sons





2. two babes in Heaven that I long to hold





3. snapdragons





4. prayer





5. hard-working husband





6. dollar-store eye spectacles





7. Golden Retrievers





8. bluegrass music





9. the smell of lumber





10. fresh water







Lord, for what I have already received, make me truly thankful.


No comments: